Translate

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tanis Montgomery, Student Work







This piece is a compilation of the work I did for exercises throughout the span of this course and applied to a new concept.  The work I did that stuck out the most during my Lay It All Out session were the wax pieces, which are my absolute favourite pieces, and the sound pieces I did for the water challenge.  I also worked a bit with text before the end of the challenges and this may have played into the ideas that were suggested to me as well.  One classmate's proposal for my final project was to display the wax pieces with the sounds of them being created.  This suggestion reminded me of One and Three Chairs, a piece by Joseph Kosuth made in 1965 that explores semiotics through different representations of a chair. -Tanis Montgomery, Fall 13

No comments:

Post a Comment