Friday, October 12, 2012

Anamorphic Typography

"I just did a little test with something called ‘anamorphic typography’. Essentially, it is an illusion where the type looks just right when viewed from the exact right spot, but it looks stretched and warped when viewed from elsewhere in the room. We might be doing something similar in a HOLLY HUNT showrooms later this year, so I did this in a room above my parents’ garage to make sure I could pull it off when the time comes. For what it is worth, I certainly didn’t invent this sort of thing, and I’d like to give lots of credit to this project by Joseph Egan and Hunter Thompson for tipping me off to the idea, as well as the artist Felice Varini, who is doing this sort of thing on a much larger and much more impressive scale." -source is Thomas Quinn.  Link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment