Translate

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Nicki Smith, Student Work






Untitled
Artist Statement: This was my second piece and I actually wish I approached this piece differently. But what I based this off of was the piece by Malevich, 'White on White' because of the two overlapping squares, in this case it was rectangles. The last photo of my work is what was left of the project. Leaf blower people destroyed my art.





Feast
Artist Statement: This piece began as the initial experiment messing with nature. I wanted to bring nature into an area where people generally remove it so they can use the spot and such. I did rings because it was pleasing to the eye and I felt it looked nice aesthetically. The last photo is what it looked like 4 days later.




Untitled
Artist Statement: My personal favorite is this simplistic piece. The triangle represents an arrow and without context it essentially is asking people to walk or go this way. To follow this direction. The lighting works in favor of this piece. I admire how it's silently pulling you in the direction it's pointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment