Translate

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Rebecca Horn, Artist



"Ideas of touch and sensory awareness are explored in this work. Horn has described how wearing these gloves altered her relationship with her surroundings, so that distant objects came within her reach: « the finger gloves are light. I can move them without any effort. Feel, touch, grasp anything, but keeping a certain distance from the objects. The lever-action of the lengthened fingers intensifies the various sense-data of the hand; …I feel me touching, I see me grasping, I control the distance between me and the objects. » Implicit in the work is the idea that touching makes possible an intimacy between our own body and those of others. (2004)" Source is Art Performance.  Link here









Drawing in Space



No comments:

Post a Comment